Recent Successful Cases
Notable Successful Cases
- Dismissal of all criminal charges in major Orange County Workers Compensation Fraud Prosecution.
- Dismissal of civil lawsuit against Hemp Seed company for allegedly supplying “hot” seed.
- Horowitz takes over 6 year old medical peer review and civil case and resolves in 3 months.
- Horowitz wins acquittal of civil rights protester arrested for interfering with police officers.
- Congressmember DeSaulnier and Senator Padilla (California) launch investigation of John Muir Health relating to problems in the PICU such as the death of Horowitz’ client, Ailee Jong
- Medical Board clears vaccine doctor falsely accused of giving emergency COVID vaccinations to person under the age of 70. (In fact she prioritized left over / extra vaccine in vials based upon age and need.)
- Dismissal of Medical Board charges against Physician retaliated against for defending the rights of Medical Residents to fair treatment.
- Horowitz files “branding fraud” case against John Muir Health relating to the death of a 2 year old patient in surgery.
- Dismissal of rape charges filed against Naval Officer.
- Felony charges against nurse diverted with no criminal record.
- Jury finds lesser charges in attempted murder jury trial.
- Dismissal and subsequent civil rights case settlements for Richmond, California residents wrongfully arrested by police after vocally complaining about abusive police conduct.
- 7 Figure recovery including attorney’s fees for medical doctor wrongfully terminated from a medical practice.
- Negotiated Non-Prosecution of Medical Doctor facing fraud charges.
- Negotiated Non-Prosecution of Client facing criminal business fraud charges.
- Negotiated civil settlement of client facing criminal fraud charges.
- Negotiated five day jail misdemeanor for client facing 10 year felony medical related charges.
- Dismissal of charges against client based upon Statute of Limitations Research by Office.
- Multiple personal injury settlements and complex civil litigation
- Negotiation of new contracts for major media figure
- Dismissal of Defamation Lawsuit filed against major media figure.
- Civil settlement obtained against person accused of assaulting major media figure.
- Life without Parole Murder (2017) Deal during trial to six year term. No cooperation. Co-Def. got Life Without Parole [Article]
- Attempted Murder (2016) Dismissed on motion.
- Sexual Assault charges (2016) filed against Chiropractor Steven Moon of Concord, California. Horowitz represented the victim.
- Chiropractic Fraud (2015) Full acquittals for two clients. One found factually innocent.
- Medical Clinic Fraud(2014) Charges dismissed. Civil Settlement. Two other defendants represented by other attorneys, convicted.
- Attempted Murder Charges Dropped (2014) [Murder Charges Dropped News Article]
- Criminal Investigation (2013) Improper Patient touching alleged. No charges filed, doctor exonerated.
- Criminal Charges (2012) Assault charges dismissed. License untouched.
- Medical Fraud (2010) Dismissal one week before trial.
- Death Charges Reduced to Set Term California Death Penalty Law Decision Gardner v Superior Court
- Client Released on Habeas Petition showing jury tampering US v Dutkel
- Major Workers Compensation Fraud Case (Orange County) - Dismissed (2/1/2024) on Motion
- Wrongful Death Muni Bus Accident (Settled) [San Francisco] (confidential amount)
- Wrongful Death Child Falls Down Elevator Shaft (Settled) [San Francisco] (Settled over $ 1 million dollars)
- Wrongful Death (Auto) (Jury Verdict) [Colusa]
- Barry Bonds 700th Home run “Ball Dispute” $ 804,000 for Client
- Oakland Housing Authority Case - 1991 Sixty Minutes News Story
- Child Molest Victim recovers from Stepfather (Settled) [El Sobrante] (Confidential settlement)
- Rape Victim recovers from Landlord (Settled) [Oakland] (Confidential Settlement)
- Young Man Shot by Neighbor (Settled) [Oakland] (Confidential Settlement)
- Child Struck by Car and Severely Injured (Settled) [Oakland] (Confidential Settlement)
- Homeless Man shot by Security Guard (Settled) [Oakland] ($ 75,000)
- Chiropractor Arrested, Charges Dropped, Sues Prosecutors [Stockton] (Confidential Settlement) [Charges Dropped Court Docket]
- Multi Million Dollar Victory Against Actor Mel Gibson [News Story Detailing Victory Against Mel Gibson]
- Motorcycle Struck by Car (Settled) [Stockton] ($ 3,000,000)
- Citizen Raped by Police Officer (Trial Verdict) $ 822,000
- Michael Savage v Original Talk Radio Network Inc Wins Large Award and Freedom for Talk Show Host
- Arbuckle v California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Over $ 2 million collected
- Multiple Settlements in Excess of $ 1,000,000 (One Million Dollars)
- Victory Radio Show Superstar Michael Savage [News Sotry Detailing Victory for Michael Savage]
- $ 2 Million Dollar Horowitz Victory Against Party Bus Insurer for Rape on Bus – Upheld by Courts [News Story detailing Bus Company Lawsuit Victory]
- Police Corruption Lawsuit Against City of Pittsburg led to dozens of criminal cases being dismissed. (See LA Times Article) See Lawsuit filed by Horowitz & Carmela Caramagno (Lawsuit)
OTHER NOTABLE WORK
Daniel Horowitz successfully represented the East Bay’s largest LGBT Nightclub, the Bench & Bar, during the days when the bar was the continual focus of hateful attacks by both neighbors and the police. He represented the Hell’s Angels motorcycle club and is the only person to have done a real estate appraisal for the Oakland Club House. That appraisal was accepted as security for bail for members during the San Diego prosecution of the club.
Dan Horowitz handled my complex business issue with magnanimity, compassion, care, promptness, and utmost professionalism. I'm an Attorney and would highly recommend him to other professionals (and others alike) because he's the very BEST at what he does and has an uncanny knack at finding unique resolutions with unparalleled speed and efficiency. What is quite outatanding is that he treats each client with kindness and compassion as if a family member- Lovely K.
I cannot express enough gratitude for the outstanding legal services provided by Daniel Horowitz. He not only possesses an in-depth understanding of the law but also demonstrated a genuine commitment to me. He took the time to listen attentively to my concerns, providing clear and concise explanations of the legal processes involved in my case. He made me feel heard and supported during this tumultuous time. What impressed me most was his unwavering dedication to achieving the best possible outcome for me. The attention to detail and strategic approach to my case were evident at every stage. I am eternally grateful towards Daniel for what he has done for me and I wholeheartedly recommend his services to anyone seeking legal representation. Thank you Dan- Kento T.
Daniel and his team did an excellent job. He was always readily available to take my call and provided peace of mind through a stressful situation.- Reid V.
My experience with Dan was great. I appreciate the knowledge Dan has and the professionalism they exhibit. I would highly recommend the Law Office Of Daniel Horowitz. My family and I are truly grateful we worked with him.- Brandon D.
There are lawyers and then there are real lawyers. Dan Horowitz is a real lawyer in every since of the word. Dan is a Certified Specialist in Criminal Law. You will not find very many attorneys having such recognition especially one that hits on all cylinders as Dan. In addition to his knowledge of the law and his experience, which I found to be unmatched, i appreciated the fact that he at all times is genuine, which for me says it all. Thank you Dan.- Cory N.
“The Best Attorney I Could Have Asked For.”- Katherine Ryken
Dan Horowitz was the best attorney I could have asked for during a difficult time in my career. From the moment I met him, I felt believed, respected, and safe. He and his team were endlessly responsive and empathetic to me and my family. He fought for my case day and night, always keeping my best interests at the forefront of his mind. As I learned from Dan, it is never a good time in oneâ€™s life to need legal representation - but if you need it, Dan is your person, your advocate, and your best friend. We are forever grateful for his tireless commitment to justice for the people.- Katherine R.
He is approachable but serious. Mr. Horowitz is the perfect balance of what someone wants in a lawyer. Not only is he approachable enough to gain and value your trust, but he's a bulldog in the courtroom. Despite his kindness, I have never once doubted his ability to provide me with THE BEST representation in court. I'm so thankful to have found a lawyer capable of such a delicate balancing act.- Molly A.