Karina Johnson brings a unique insight, a holistic approach, and passion to the legal and healthcare industries with the following extraordinary list of credentials awarded by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), the nation’s largest education and credentialing organization in the business of medicine, to complement her advocacy on behalf of medical professionals:
COC, CPC, CPCO, CDEO, CIC, CPB, CPMA, CPPM, CRC, CPC-I, CANPC, CCC, CCVTC, CEMC, CGSC, CHONC, COBGC, COSC, CPCD
With this background, and also serving in an advisory capacity as a member of AAPC’s Legal Advisory Board, Karina is a frequent advocate, lecturer and educator to medical attorneys, medical and hospital executives, and all professionals in healthcare alike.
Formerly working with Charles Bond at Physician’s Advocates, Karina Johnson has now established her independent practice. Working with Lawyers in Lafayette, Karina teams with top independent medical lawyers and paralegals so that you get expert representation in all aspects of your case. In her areas of expertise, Karina will work individually with you forming a close personal relationship with a focus tailored to your specific needs. In areas requiring other specialties, her Lawyers in Lafayette team can provide an MBA, RIA, licensed real estate brokers, criminal defense specialists (Board Certified, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization) and trial lawyers.
Karina Johnson sets the gold standard specializing in the representation of physicians and providers in all legal matters (with the exception of malpractice litigation), whether personal or professional, and in every setting, including medical groups, hospitals, organizations, or academics.
In a contentious divorce, Karina represents doctors with an awareness of the need to free your practice. She will protect your future growth and reputation from blackmail type attacks which abuse the legal system.
In addition, Karina brings compassion and understanding assisting all other clients (other than clients in the healthcare industry) in all stages of business, corporate (from corporate formation, purchase, sale, and dissolution), employment, contracts, and family law.
MEDICAL & NON-MEDICAL PRACTICE FOCUS AREAS – KARINA JOHNSON HAS A PROVEN SUCCESSFUL TRACK RECORD IN THE FOLLOWING:
- All stages of Corporate and Business Formation, Planning, Sale & Purchases, and Dissolution
- Employment and Business Contracts (Drafting and Negotiations)
- Separation/Severance Agreement drafting and review
- Labor & Employment
- State and Federal regulation compliance matters
- Defense, litigation, and advocacy involving diverse employment law matters
- Business and Corporate Law matters and transactions,
- Hospital Privileges and Credentialing matters, including problem and special situations
- All stages of Medical Board and Professional Licensing applications, concerns, Complaints and Accusations
- Disputes and Reports to the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB)
- Physician Divorce including allocation of retirement and valuation of practice
- Family Law matters including Dissolution of Marriage, Domestic Partnership, Legal Separation, Paternity/Parentage, Child Custody and Visitation, Spousal and Child Support, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
You can reach Karina Johnson at Lawyers in Lafayette by calling (925) 283-1863. You can also fill out our (brief) initial contact form and Karina Johnson will reach out to you.