Defending Physicians – Protecting the Profession
- American Health Law Association
- American Bar Association – Health Law Section
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association
- Lecturer Pinkus Professional Education
- Lecturer Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association
- Recognition – Top 100 Trial Lawyers (The National Trial Lawyers Association)
- Recognition – Top 1% (National Association of Distinguished Counsel)
- Recognition – Super Lawyers
- Certified Specialist – Criminal Defense (State Bar of Ca. Board of Legal Specialization)
- Admitted – United States Supreme Court (1999)
- Admitted – United States Court of Appeals 9th Circuit (1998)
- Admitted – Supreme Court of California
- Licensed SEC Registered Investment Advisor (RIA)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker (California)
- Court Appearances Netherlands, Israel, Cyprus
- Legal Appearances Turkey, China, Ukraine, Canada
- Professor – Armstrong College of Law (1986)
- Instructor – California State University (Hayward) (1993-1995)
- AVVO Rating (10) [Highest]
- Martindale Hubbell Rating (AV) [Highest]
Areas of Representation
Peer Review – Medical Board Investigations – National Practitioner Data Bank Appeals
Criminal Charges including Durable Medical Equipment – Telemedicine – Genetic Testing
Job Discrimination – Unlawful Termination – Contract Disputes
The Physician Defense Team
Custom Teams to Fit Your Needs
Daniel Horowitz leads a team of top professionals experienced in representing physicians. Physician defense team members include:
Carmela Caramagno, J.D., Thomas Kensok, J.D., Douglass MacMaster, J.D., Charles Bond, J.D., Daniel Russo, J.D., Mark Ravis, J.D./M.D.; Molly Northrup, MBA, Michael Yates, D.C..
Contract negotiations or disputes, peer review, medical board proceedings, DME telemedicine investigations, billing investigations and all other matters are assigned to a custom team.
Your personalized team consists of attorneys whose practice and experience match your individual needs.
[For example a peer review hearing involving quality of care issues will require a different set of specialized knowledge compared to a peer review hearing involving charges of being a “disruptive physician”. ]
Post Graduate Training & “Board Certification”
Most attorneys and team members have highly significant post graduate educational qualifications. Our attorneys have additional qualifications that include an RIA (SEC registered investment advisor), Real Estate Broker license, Criminal Defense Specialist (similar to being “board certified”) (State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization). Mark Ravis is a currently licensed M.D. with an active legal practice. Michael Yates is a chiropractor and J.D. (D.C. license currently inactive). Our attorneys have completed thousands of jury trials, administrative hearings and contested hearings.
No attorney can guarantee results. However, on one point there is little dispute. Established skill and extensive courtroom experience is an objective qualification that can provide maximum leverage for your negotiating position.
Many physician cases resolve with discussion and negotiation. With so much on the line, we recognize that a resolution that protects your license and reputation is most often the preferred result. If your case does not resolve to your satisfaction and requires actual litigation, an experienced litigation team is critical to your success. Using the obvious medical analogy, if you need surgery it is useful to have an highly experienced surgeon with a superior support team.
Client Centered Communication
Our practice is client centered. We consult with you and plan our strategy both short and long term with your personal goals in mind. We know that Peer review, disciplinary hearings, medical board actions and contract negotiations have a permanent impact on your life and professional career. These legal matters often result in a redrawing and permanent redefinition of your professional career. We take the time to truly understand your needs and your long term goals. We carefully weigh all options and pursue a path that meets with your approval and is designed to meet your long term personal needs and expectations.
Telephone: (925) 283-1863 [email protected]