TRIAL LAWYER / INTERNATIONAL LAW / DEPORTATION/EXTRADITION
- Leaders of foreign nations are now prosecuted in the United States or subjected to long imprisonment as they fight extradition to their home country. Why should we care ? We should care because corrupt foreign dictatorships create false charges against their political opponents in order to consolidate their heinous grip over their own people. Treaties and foreign policy tactics often lead our government to be favoring the wrong side in the battle or place our government in a no win position where “real Politik” replaces moral choices. Oksana Tyskova knows how to wage these battles. She protects the rights of these leaders, she fights extradition and she battles for truth on behalf of those leaders.
- Ms. Tsykova’s practice also focuses on the more mundane, but still very important areas of Personal Injury, Defense of Professional Licenses, Wrongful Death, Criminal cases, Drunk driving (DUI) and jury trials. She has over ten years of experience as a law clerk in complex federal litigation.
- Okana’s experience includes cases in courts from Washington D.C. (where she is admitted to practice) to Ukraine and in her office location (Contra Costa County California)
- In 2002, Ms. Tsykova graduated with a degree of Bachelor in Science in Political Science from Santa Clara University and earned her Juris Doctor degree from Golden Gate University School of Law in 2012. Ms. Tsykova is a current member of American Bar Association and American Immigration Lawyers’ Association (AILA).
Oksana Tsykova is an experienced trial lawyer, immigration consultant to the Marin County Court Appointed Attorney Program and fully fluent in Russian and Ukrainian.
- HONORS AND AWARDS
CALI Excellence for the Future Award- Legal Research and Writing I and II
CALI Excellence for the Future Award- Civil Litigation: Pre-Trial Phase
Witkin Award for Academic Excellence- Trial Advocacy
Witkin Award for Academic Excellence- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Winner- Annual Bernard L. Segal Cross and Close Competition
CALI Excellent for the Future Award- Advanced Trial Advocacy
Witkin Award for Academic Excellence- Competition: Mock Trial
- District of Columbia Bar
- California State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Marin County Bar Association
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- United States District Court Northern District of California
She is an experienced jury trial lawyer who has worked on cases throughout the United States and internationally. She is completely fluent in Russian and Ukrainian.
As a member of Inns of Court she has given presentations to other attorneys in trial evidence.
Oksana is a consultant to the Marin County defenders in immigration consequences of criminal cases.